Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weighing in on Chicago

I'm literally weighing in here. In 5 days I have managed to gain 5 pounds. And my god, it was worth it.

I was lucky enough to travel with my fabulous friend and coworker, Karen, who is a complete foodie. Before we even got there, she had a list of places to visit.

I didn't get pictures of everything with my crappy camera phone, but here are some of the highlights.

Hello, Chicago!

Water. Yacht. Yes, please.

The Bean!

Playing around under the bean.

Navy Pier.

It's playoff time!

Cupcakes! I'm not a huge cupcake fan, but these were that good.

Car bombs for Karen's birthday!

Karen, post-bomb.

Some of the other restaurants and places:
Trader Joe's (this place needs to come to Colorado. Pretty please?)
Russian Tea Time (instead of tea, we had their standard 3 shots of vodka.)
Cafe Iberico (oh my god, this is the best tapas place in the world.)

Oh, yeah. We also worked. We worked a lot. As in my cheeks are sore from talking and smiling for three days straight and my feet don't want to see my heels again. Ever.

The booth.

A red beacon of light, inviting people to come buy books---and to 
write more books for us to publish.


I loved Chicago. I want to go back. Now.

If only....

No comments:

Post a Comment