Sunday, March 13, 2011

Random Updates

I know I'm not very consistent with posting and updating. Sorry about that!

So, here are some random life updates from the past few weeks.

First of all, it was recently Denver's 5280 Restaurant Week! This is where a number of top restaurants in the area create a 3-course menu that costs only $52.80 per couple. I've never done this before and to make up for lost time I went to four restaurants in a two-week period. I don't think I've ever eaten so much food in my life---and it was absolutely worth it. The places we checked out were:

John's Restaurant (Boulder)
The Cork  House (Denver)
Arugula (Boulder)
8 Rivers (Denver)

The winners? John's, by far, for their incredible food and 8 Rivers for the awesome company.

To continue on with my life, the rest of this presentation will be brought to you by my awesome Panasonic camera.

Adam's birthday party in Blackhawk. Here are all the handsome men.
My car on a snowy March morning.
Long hike outside of Golden. You can see downtown Denver in the distance.
You can also see multimillion dollar homes on this hike. Le sigh.
We FINALLY won our indoor league!! (We were able to pull this off even after forfeiting the first 2 games of the season. Holla!)
Kyle and I at DU's playoff hockey game. Go Pios! (Notice the cheap photocopy? This is what my $40k/year education paid for. Awesome.)
Team huddle.
We won 3-2 in overtime!!!
The team saluting their crowd.
I ran in Denver's St. Patty's Day race this weekend. I was slow as I haven't been training much, but it was still good to get out there.

And, as you know, a blog post of mine wouldn't be complete without pictures of food. Lots and lots of food.

French onion soup in the crock pot.
The final result of the soup. Yum!
Shredded chicken from the crock pot. Ridiculously easy.
This was supposed to be a artichoke ravioli-type dish. Obviously it didn't turn out quite as I had envisioned.
Homemade mac n' cheese! It's filled with crumbled bacon, shredded chicken, and topped with breadcrumbs. Artery-clogging goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment