Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sewing, Family, Friends

A lot has been going on these past few weeks, and I apologize for being MIA. (A constant apology.)

I often think that the things I do aren't exciting, until a few weeks go by and a number of pictures build up. So, I'll make this posting somewhat short and sweet.

First of all, sewing

(Between sewing and cooking, I may eventually become a "woman" rather than just a "tomboy.") 

Emily had an excellent idea last month to take a "Sewing 101" class at a downtown shop called the Fancy Tiger. Before this I had never touched a sewing machine in my life! I managed to get through the course without blowing anything up and I completed a small project. Emily and I are now determined to conquer the sewing world. I'm not nearly as good as Em at this point, but I did just complete my first at-home project! It took two days and thousands of times reseting the bobbin, but I completed it. The stitching is crooked and pooled up in places, but it's all a learning process, right? Right. Whew!

Sewing machine that I inherited from Amber

It's a purse organizer!


Rolled up neatly to fit in a purse

Second, family!

My family and I were finally able to get together for  a "Christmas in April" party. It was great to see everyone and exchange white-elephant gifts. I got some stellar water bottles (an item that I could never own enough of). Some pictures of my amazing fam:

We look amazing! I promised Amber that I'd post this picture online.

Christmas in April chaos

Ava helped with all the presents

Andrew already has his hands on a tool set. We're all doomed.

The guys with Lexi.

My mom, Alissa, and Peter

Aunt Debbie and Andrew

What a beautiful family! Jason, Katie, and Lexi

Evan and Nicole

Finally, friends!

A group of us went to see the Rapids' home opener. They are the 2010 defending MLS cup champs! I have to admit that I didn't watch a single game last year---not even the playoffs. I'm a terrible soccer fan. I love playing the game, but I don't like watching it much. I'd rather watch hockey. Anywhoo... it was a windy evening, but still gorgeous and fun!

I also got to see Sol and Daria the other day. I love having these handsome men in my life.

Hot dogs!

Gorgeous sunset

Daria and Soloman

No comments:

Post a Comment