Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm an Auntie, Times Two!

My brother and sister-in-law delivered a new baby boy on Sunday morning: Andrew Thomas Vlcek.

He’s premature---9 weeks early---but both Momma and baby seem to be doing very well! He weighs 4 lbs 0 oz and is 17 in tall.

From what I heard, he will be in the nursery for the next month and a half (until about his scheduled due date) but the doctors seem confident that he will do well. Fingers crossed for his speedy growth!

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the little guy as everyone needs to rest after the last few stressful days, but I do have pictures.



Andrew's first picture
 (bath time!)



Andrew and Mommy
(Amber's smiling after an early delivery
through c-section? Incredible!)



Andrew with his big sister, Ava, and Daddy
(what is Ava staring at? maybe she pondering how to
terrorize her baby brother in the near future)


Not to be left out, here's a picture of my neice, Ava:


Ava in the pumpkin patch
(the pumpkin hat makes this complete)
 
Now this may speak to our generation, or it may be that my family hates talking to me, but I first found out that Amber was in labor through Facebook. Yes, Facebook. Too funny.

Congratulations, Graham and Amber!

1 comment:

  1. I would have called you, but I was a bit preoccupied. Feel free to come by anytime to come meet little Drew!

    ReplyDelete