Monday, July 19, 2010

I’m a Grumpy Mo-Fo Today

I have to admit that I hate blog/Facebook/Twitter venting. But today I’m a grumpy mo-fo.

It’s been forever since I posted and I’m sorry! (Not that I have any readers, but the whole point of a blog is to keep up with it.)

So, a brief highlight of my last few months---which, despite my grumpiness today, have been pretty stellar.

May:

Soccer, soccer, and more soccer.

We sent off one of my good friends, Abe, to his medical residency in New York. I already miss you, dude!


Abe and I

I did a kettlebell session with my friend, Scott. I was sore for days. As in, more sore than I remember being for a long, long time. It was amazing.

Ran the BolderBoulder with my newly-engaged friend, Amber. We were slow, but we finally caught up with every minute detail of our lives. Girl talk while running is the best. thing. ever.

June:

Soccer, soccer, and more soccer.

My birthday month! It all seemed to fly by.

My best friend Christy and her husband Josh stopped into town on their way to moving to Texas. They bought a ginormous house for the cost of a one-bedroom condo here in Boulder. I can't wait to go visit!

World Cup! Despite the fact that I'm a player myself, I know nothing about international soccer. I choose teams by how cute their players are. True story. It's like choosing wine by its label or judging a book by its cover. All infallible methods.

Went to a “Cooking While Camping” course/session/whatever. This man made the most amazing Thai Green Curry off a freakin’ camp stove. I can’t even do that in my kitchen at home.

Signed up and started training for my first triathlon ever. Biking and running? No problem. Swimming? I’m going to drown. By the way, this shiz is still expensive.

Won the co-ed Crested Butte soccer tournament. Had a great time with good friends!

Champions!

July:

Soccer, soccer, and more soccer.

Went hiking with my amazing friend from Australia, whom I affectionately call Baby. It’s been two years since he’s left us. I miss him.

First camping trip and first 14-er of the year---my ninth ascent total. A great weekend with friends, the outdoors, and lots of good food.

View from the top of Mount Bierstadt (14,060 feet)


Emily and I at Guanella Pass

This past weekend consisted of Guns and Garters and fishing with my amazing family. I’ve never shot skeet with shotguns before and it was surprisingly a lot of fun! My shoulder is a little bruised from the kickback but it also makes me feel like a badass. And a day spent on the boat is always good for the soul.


So that’s the quick and dirty of my life right now. All-in-all it has been amazing. So my grumpiness is totally out of line. Maybe I just needed to spew this all out so that I’d realize how lucky I am.

Maybe we all just need a day to pout and then get over ourselves.

Probably both.

Harrumph. Grump. Poop. Frown.

No comments:

Post a Comment