Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

image from http://www.theplatform.info/feedcontent/article/81079

Happy New Year, y'all!!

I used to think that I was above New Year's resolutions, while I still quietly declared goals to myself. But no one is above improving themselves. In fact, I make resolutions all the freakin' time! Am I successful? Not always. But I am no longer going to be afraid of admitting to myself and to others that change needs to happen---and that change is good.

I love being in Chicago---a big change---and I'm so proud of myself for making this happen! So, without further ado, here's a list of things I'd like to focus on or accomplish in 2012.

- Run a marathon
- Write---including this blog, my personal journal, and pursuing outside writing opportunities
- Eat better. Reduce the extreme servings/cravings of salt and sugar (especially chocolate)
- Cook more and continue trying new recipes
- Stick to my budget
- Spend more time mastering the things I'm interested in

Last year was not a total wash, either. Here are a few things I was able to accomplish. Woo hoo!

- Moved to Chicago
- Received two job offers within a month of moving
- Successfully transitioned into my new job and home
- Relaxed more!! I'm also very proud of myself for this. I was such a spaz ball wreck in Colorado---and I still find myself getting caught in that trap whenever I visit. In Chicago, I've been able to calm down and take one day at a time. No more guilt.
- Became a much, much better cook---though I still have a long way to go
- Fell in love

In short, I'm happy again. Finally. I'd like to continue being happy while accomplishing new things.

2012 is going to be a good year.



No comments:

Post a Comment