Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Observations



1. No matter how much I prepare; no matter how many google maps I look up; no matter the fact that my iPhone is glued to my hand... I will get lost. It isn't like I don't prepare. I will spend the whole day with a map and turn-by-turn directions---but to no avail. The direction gods hate me. It's frustrating as hell. I was almost in tears this evening after I diligently got off the bus at my appointed stop... 1.5 miles away from the destination.

2. You know things are changing when:
     a.) Your feet hurt. Now that I walk everywhere and am running more, my feet hurt all the damn time.
     b.) You don't give a rat's ass what you look like, just as long as you're warm and comfortable. Tonight I had on an ear-warmer, a knitted baseball cap, and a fur-trimmed hoodie. I'm a-ok with this.

3. Not having a car is the best diet plan ever. No longer is that pint of ice cream appealing when you have to schlep it back home. Today my groceries consisted mainly of lettuce and whole-wheat bread. Lots of air in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment