Friday, May 18, 2012

Movie Review: The Avengers




I've heard good things about this movie so on Tuesday night I got 3D tickets and headed to the theater after work.

One important thing to note: Every time I pay extra money for the 3D "experience" and every time I'm pissed off that I fell for their trap... again. I dislike 3D. The picture isn't as clear and you don't get a good feel for the characters or the cinematography because everything is jumping out at you. Perfect example: I saw Jackass 3D and the only thing I remember about the whole movie was a giant dildo flying at my face. Point is, I will not fall for the 3D trap again! I draw the line here!

Despite the stupid 3D glasses and noisy wrappers, I liked the movie. I didn't grow up reading comics but I still feel that the movie gave a good sense of the stories and personalities of each hero. The middle of the movie got a little slow as they were developing the background, but it was necessary for the poor kids like myself who played outside as a child rather than hiding in the basement. We didn't have a basement growing up, otherwise I sure as shit would've been down there.

The movie was long (143 minutes) which meant that I jumped up from my seat as soon as the credits started. I have a hard time sitting still. Apparently there's a teaser scene at the end that I missed. It is supposed to be really cool. Oops! Looks like I'll have to watch the movie again.

The most important takeaway from this film is that I now have a giant crush on Captain America. Yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment