Thursday, June 7, 2012

Moving

I recently moved. I am now living in the Bucktown/Logan Square neighborhoods of Chicago rather than downtown.

I’m excited to explore a new part of the city. Since I both lived and worked downtown, I was not venturing out much. I wanted get to know Chicago but all I knew was my walk to work---by heart. The new adventure will be fun!

A downside to moving is that felt like I had finally formed my new life at the old apartment. I had nearby friends that I could easily grab for a cup of coffee or even a long run. While they’ll still be my friends, of course, the ease of living nearby is gone.

Also, my new room has a loft in it. A loft! My first reaction was, “That’s totally sweet!” but then comes my second reaction: “Oh my goodness. I am a professional woman and I am living in a loft. I have a degree and I’m gainfully employed and I have been on my own for ages and this is what I have to show for it? A loft?! I’m regressing back to college. My life is over.” 


A little irrational, I realize. Moving is hard on everyone.

Before shot - with my bed up in the loft. I felt like I lived above a giant walk-in closet.
After shot - the next day I immediately brought my bed down. Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment