Sunday, January 30, 2011

Focus

I feel like my life has been very much "in limbo" lately. I'm trying to figure everything out (whatever that means). What are my next steps? Where do I want to go from here? What are the opportunities that are available to me? What are the opportunities that I need to create?

My head is going to explode just thinking about it.

So, in the meantime I've been trying to take one day at a time. What are the little steps I can take? What are the things I enjoy?

For example, this weekend has been excellent. I've been able to cook, eat lots of food, spend time with family and friends, and also focus on myself (and focus on my growing pile of laundry).

Here are some great pics from my Saturday morning hike with family and friends. It was 60-degrees in Denver---in January! Heaven.

View from our hike in Deer Creek Canyon
My brother, Peter, his wife, Alissa, and their awesome dogs Dublin and Rowdy

Adam and his huskies, Deuce and Maverick

Peter and I
Adam and I
I also headed to Downtown Denver on Saturday night for a friend's birthday party. We started the evening with dinner and desserts at The D Bar (short for The Dessert Bar). Oh. My. God. The place was amazing. It's tiny and seats about 8 people, but the wait was worth it. Go there. Now.

My cooking conquests also continue. I love cooking because it's a challenge for me. I started not long ago knowing nothing. I could barely boil a pot of pasta. With every new recipe I feel like I've accomplished something... I learned something... I grew in a small way. It's all about baby steps.

Since the weather is getting colder again, I dusted off the Crockpot and made some homemade chili and cornbread.

Steaming chili
Skillet cornbread
Yum!

I'm trying to take one day at a time and celebrate the little accomplishments as they come. So far, it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment