Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

My niece, Ava, ringing in the New Year!
I am super-excited for 2011. Last year seemed to be a tough year for most people. Admittedly, it was a tough year for me. Not that everything will change at the stroke of midnight, but the initial outlook and excitement of a new year is inspiring.  I have a number of things that I'd like to work on or strive toward, but I don't want to call them "resolutions." This is because I always have goals for myself and because the word "resolution" often equates to failure. We laugh at people's feeble attempts to work out every day or eat perfectly or whatever. However, I believe that working towards self-improvement, whether you do or don't finish a specific task, should never mean failure. The action of doing something alone means that you are a step ahead!  That's my pep talk for this year. 
One of my goals for 2011 is to continue cooking and to try even more recipes. So, this morning I dragged myself to the gym (I'm an out-of-shape mofo! Another thing to work on...), ran to the grocery store, and came home to make a spicy Thai green curry dish. This stuff is soooo good and sooooo spicy that it was making me sweat. Yum!  I adapted the recipe from here. I can tell I'm becoming a better cook when I now can look at a recipe and easily adapt it according to my tastes and what is in my kitchen.

Score!!!
 Pictures! (Taken with my new, awesome camera that Santa brought for Christmas.)
Thai Green Curry in the skillet. Lots and lots of food. Yum!
Heaven, anyone?
Random, but here's a picture of my roommate, Miles.
This man lives on cereal and his TV. True story. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment