Thursday, February 2, 2012

Movie Review: This Means War



I got free tickets to an advance screening of This Means War at a great downtown movie theatre, the AMC River East. That’s right, I went to an advance screening. I’m hot shit like that.

A quick description for the movie reads:

Two top CIA operatives wage an epic battle against one another after they discover they are dating the same woman.

I went to the movie not expecting much, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! Reese Witherspoon’s character in the movie was perfect (of course; yawn!), but it was interesting to see the differences between the two guys battling for the win---i.e. her heart. Chelsea Handler as the comedic side-kick was good for a few laughs. Think Seth Rogen in the movie 50/50 (a great, great film---see it).

Since I’m in Chicago and I actually have free time for the first time in a long time, I’m starting to watch movies again. Back in Colorado, I would maybe go to a handful of films a year. If that.

This whole Hollywood thing is fun! I’ll keep y’all updated with what other films I’m able to catch.

P.S. People-watching at a movie premier is epic. You either have socialites with glittery makeup or intense movie-goers with their Star Wars t-shirts and popcorn-stained fingers. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment