Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Recovery

Well, St. Patrick's Day was.... wonderful!!

Chicago has been enjoying some gorgeous weather---in the 80s! did I move to Miami?---and we took full advantage of the city.

On Friday, Andrew got into town and we celebrated at the company party at D4 Irish Pub. It turned out to be a great time! My friend, Sarah, was even in town and came out to meet us.

Sarah and I
On Saturday, Andrew and I wondered the craaaaazy streets of Chicago before heading out to bbq at Andrew's parents' house in Lake Zurich. I've never seen the streets so busy before.

The green Chicago River
Happy St. Paddy's Day!
On Sunday we went shopping and had lunch at an awesome downtown bar called The Public House. From there we met a few friends to watch the Blackhawks v. Capitals. The game was ammmmazing!!!! The Blackhawks won 5-2 and we witnessed some suh-weet plays! 

Opening face off at the United Center

Blurry picture of Andrew and I in our St. Paddy's Day jerseys from GA




Highlights from the game

On Monday we went to a Chicago History Walking tour. We were the youngest people there by about 30 years, but it was still great! The guide was a great speaker and we learned a lot about some of the downtown spaces in the city. My favorite stop? The Chicago Cultural Center, of course.

All in all, it was an amazing weekend. My best St. Paddy's Day celebration yet! Maybe I'll learn to like some of these minor holidays... Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment