Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Things I’m Learning

1.) Corporate America is all about “teams.” Everyone is on a team. E-mails are addressed to teams. Clients are calling in to speak to their team. Two people, a department, a company… all are teams. There’s no “I” in team, but I need a break from all these damn teams.

2.) I’m not a great runner and yet I’m training for a marathon. Turns out that most marathoners are not great runners. Whew! I thought you had to be an Olympic athlete in order to accomplish this. Nope. Turns out that many of my friends who have completed multiple marathons have walked in a number of them. It’s all about the experience.

I foresee the experience of my exhausted body literally crawling across the marathon’s finish line. 

1 comment:

  1. but it will cross the finish line and thats what counts!! I thinks its awesome... :D

    ReplyDelete