Thursday, March 15, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

I often say that I'm a minor holiday grinch. I love and adore Thanksgiving and Christmas, but the rest of the year's festivities can suck it. New Years' Day, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween---you name it. And I really don't like St. Patrick's Day.

I don't like drinking and St. Paddy's Day, especially, revolves around drinking and the bar scene. Ugh.

But I have to admit that I am ridiculously excited for the holiday this weekend!! First of all, my boyfriend will be in town! We haven't seen each other for a few months and so I'm excited to spend some time with him. I also like having someone to drag along with me as I continue to explore this city.

Secondly, my work throws a huge party for St. Paddy's Day every year. We'll be heading to a downtown Irish bar, D4, to share our limericks and to drink, eat, and be merry---in true Irish fashion. Every year they hand out t-shirts, sweaters, etc. to all the employees and this year we did hockey jerseys! I'd like to brag that this was totally my idea. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment