Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The ATL


I'm heading to Atlanta on Friday morning to attend the annual American Sociological Association conference. I'm so excited to get out of town. I've been telling people that although I've been busy every weekend this summer, I don't really feel like I've gone anywhere. Besides, I've never been to Atlanta so it will be a fun city to explore.

I still need to tackle how I'm going to pack for this thing. Something tells me that my wool, two-piece suits might be a little warm.

My Black Suit
Another good note is that I scored a really nice Briggs & Riley suitcase for free. Holla! I've been borrowing my parents' suitcase for years now, and I was starting to think that it's time to grow up and buy my own. I just didn't want to spend the money. Well, my boss bought a new suitcase and gave me her "extra" one. I'm always glad to take her hand-me-downs of expensive, barely-used items. One of my favorites so far is a gorgeous cashmere Italian sweater. Score and score.

I've only gone to meetings for political scientists, so I'm interested to see what the sociology crowd is like. I think they may be a little more outgoing and friendly given their work, but with academics you can never be too sure.

I'm leaving town. Hurrah! Now I just need to figure out what to pack. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment