Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Not Sorry

By Pete Scully
I've realized that I say "I'm sorry" too often. Even when an apology isn't necessary. It just comes out.

In fact, this is a problem for many women. Ms. Career Girl, a blog I follow, calls it "The Pleasing Disease." Many women, myself included, are too quick to say yes even when we can't take on any more projects. We're too quick to say sorry about anything and everything. Heaven forbid that we hurt someone's feelings.

All of it is unnecessary. Both personally and professionally.

In fact, a good friend said to me recently, "You back down too quickly. I like it when you're sassy." And he's right. There's nothing wrong with speaking our minds and with saying no. In fact, it should happen more often!

So my goal for this next week is not to say sorry. Not once. Not even on the soccer field.

No comments:

Post a Comment