Monday, August 30, 2010

Triathlon Recap

See this? This was not my triathlon experience.
Let me explain how my first triathlon went: I survived.

That's about all I can say.

No, really, I had a lot of fun with my friends. I also realized that triathlons aren't my thing. At least not right now. I hated training for the tri so much that I ended up not training at all. I was more out of shape coming into the race than I had been for months. Not good.

Right now I am absolutely thrilled to get back to my normal soccer/running/lifting routine. It's like heaven.

After the race with my lovely coworkers
Do I regret doing the tri? Absolutely not. Will I do another one. Not anytime soon. Maybe when I'm 55 or something and need low-impact training.

The bright side: Another event crossed off the bucket list.

Next task: Actually create a bucket list.

Excited to be close to the finish. This is probably the most energy I exhibited all morning.

1 comment:

  1. A few things:

    1) I'm thinking of cutting my hair, because it is long and flowy and hippie-ish, and this makes me look young and unprofessional, and this thinking reminded me of you.

    2) If had known you were doing the Warrior Dash, and if I hadn't been in Texas that weekend, we could have met up for beers or something.

    3) I am beginning to train for a job application process, and because you are the only person I know that Runs, I would like to ask for your assistance, because I don't know how to work up to sprinting 300m in 72 seconds, or how to do things to my arm muscles so they will do even one push-up. I got this Couch to 5k thing on the internets that will start me off, but anything you can help me with would be greatly appreciated!

    4) I tried to tell you this on Facebook but you have apparently vanished--which, I am fairly certain, you already know.

    ReplyDelete