Friday, June 15, 2012

Birthday Weekend in Colorado


For my birthday, I went back to Colorado for a long weekend. I was really nervous about going back. I hadn’t been in Colorado for about six months---since Christmas---and I struggled during some of my earlier visits.

However, this trip was 110% amazing! It was a perfect mix of friends, family, food, and fishing. I couldn’t have asked for more.

Andrew and I had a great time together. Because much of our relationship is long distance, I'm always nervous about spending so much time with one another in such a short time. Will we kill each other? Will we find out about some horrible habit that is suddenly unforgivable? This hasn't happened yet, thank goodness!

In classic iPhone Picture Diary form, below are a few captures from my weekend.

A classic Colorado sunset from Coors field. The Rockies won against the Dodgers!
Andrew made marinated london broil, grilled asparagus, and mashed potatoes.  Yuuuuummmm. 
My contribution was a quick and easy Pinterest recipe

Here's our view of a big summer storm rolling through Boulder.
I learned the hard way about how a red-head handles, or doesn't handle, the sun. Our cloudless 90-degree day was perfect for fishing but hard on Andrew. I think we'll have you buy some of that crazy safari/desert gear next time I drag him out with me! Poor guy... I felt terrible for him.
Despite torture by sunshine, Andrew sent me flowers for my birthday! It was a gorgeous arrangement of tulips and irises. 


No comments:

Post a Comment