Saturday, June 16, 2012

New Haircut

I’ve blogged before about hair. Women and their hair is a very important subject.

I have been growing my hair 
out for the last two years to the point that it was longer than I’ve ever had it before. For a while, it was a lot of fun! I felt flirty and feminine. There's nothing better than that sassy little flip of your hair. However, with the hot and humid Chicago summers I found myself pulling it back every day---especially after my 5 am workouts. The last thing I wanted to do then was spend a half hour drying and straightening my hair.

So I chopped my hair and dyed it blonde! The hairstylist took off 11-inches and I will be donating it. Though it is a little weird to be carrying around a chunk of hair in my purse...



Everyone loooooves new my hair. All my coworkers have consistently told me all week how great it looks. How it fits me so well. How chic it is. Hurrah! Except that with all this praise, a little part of me wonders, Did I look that bad before? Was I frumpy and no one said anything?

On the other hand, there are numerous reports, studies, and even hotly-contested debates about how “prettier” women consistently earn more than their “plain” counterparts. New question (filled with vanity and greed): Will I receive a significant raise soon?


The front


The back


Out for drinks with my old friend, Brian (aka Teammate)

No comments:

Post a Comment