Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Niece Is My Mini-Me

The eldest of my nieces and nephews, Ava, is my mini-me. She is three and a half years old and her mom and I often laugh at how similar Ava and I are.

Most importantly, we both love butter. I mean we loooooove butter. As in a lick-straight-from-the-tub love affair with butter.

We also share a love of the color pink (even though I've somewhat grown out of this). When I was little I had a bright pink leotard that I would never, ever take off.

Ava now has a big girl, princess room. I'm even jealous of this room as an adult.


Snow White dress in Ava's big girl room

Pink! I would've died if I had this bed when I was younger.
And now, for the pièce de résistance, Ava and I have the same haircut! It seems that just this afternoon Ava decided to cut her own hair. I've done this before too. It looked so bad that I cried for days! But luckily Super Mom came to the rescue (after shedding a tear or two about losing that long, flowing hair) and gave Ava the most awesome haircut ever. My haircut!

Ava's self-styling

Ava's cute haircut---and now gone hair!

Here's the side/back view
  
And here's my haircut!

The back view
I say, Way to go Ava! Way to take control of your own hair and end up looking like your awesome and incredibly stylish Aunt Claire!!
Even though I live many states away from Colorado, my legacy lives on. And I couldn't be more thrilled to have a mini-me!

No comments:

Post a Comment