|Area of Interest: Nutrition|
Generally, I’m healthy but I need to work on my nutrition.
No surprise there. I’ve known this for a while. I try to eat better each and every day. I pack my lunch for work almost every morning and I try not to keep ice cream in the house. However, if I have a craving or see any stray cookies in the office then GAME. OVER.
|Packed lunch. This little lunch bag is the best thing I've ever bought. Ever.|
So, my sister-in-law and I---via text message---started a bet. The terms are:
- We both have to lose 20 pounds by Christmas (which is about 17-weeks away, calculating to a little over a pound a week)
- On the line is $250. Whoever doesn’t lose the weight has to pay the other person $250
- $250 is enough money to be damn good motivation. We can both afford to lose it, but not without a fight!!
- We are both good with our workouts, but where we fail is our diets. So, the goals are to focus on good dieting, calorie control, and clean eating while still working out
- We are both competitive. Very competitive
And, to be honest, I’m really struggling this morning. I’m hungry. I want white flour. And salt.
But instead I’m going to eat my oatmeal with chia seeds and strawberries (really yummy, actually!), drink my green tea, and continue to repeat this mantra: $250. $250. $250. $250. $250.
|Whole Foods salad for dinner last night|